Monday, November 1, 2010

Year of Ami, week 41, O is for Octopus!

Okay, I've been working on my own rendition of an octopus for a while, tweaking the pattern each time I remake it, hoping to make it make more sense. I think I've got it now.

My own crocheted version is a lot like the kitschy ones from my childhood. You know, the ones that you could buy at a church bazaar or school fundraising event, back in the 70's? Now, it seems, kitsch is cute. Or, at least, I think it is, in this case.

To knit, gosh, there are a lot of them out there, but the one I keep coming back to, the one I really want to hold in my hands, is Socktopus, from Knit For Your Life (whose Floofy Cupcakes I adore).
In case you're not excited about knitting that much in the round, there's Aristotle the Octopus from Haun' Knittit, who happens to be knit flat. I like his flat little tentacles and mis-matched eyes.

*Pics of my own creations added after-the-fact*

No comments: