Thursday, April 29, 2010

nice & easy narcissus

This baby took me about 1/2 hour, if even that. In fact, I think it took me more time to find the right colors of yarn than it did to make it. Or something like that.

Pattern doesn't get really detailed about what yarn or hook to use, but I'm figuring, choose whatever yarn you like from your stash, and then use that as a guide to choose your hook. I used a G hook with worsted weight cotton. I'm thinking it might have been better to use an F hook, but, hey, it's just a little flower.

The shaping on those petals is pretty clever. Plus, I LOVE that it's all done in one piece, no sewing together later. I don't quite know what I'm supposed to do with these ends...maybe if I add a stem, something along the lines of wire covered with floral tape maybe?, then I could just tape them in there along with the rest of the stem.

(should I have blocked it before taking that picture? probably...)

I've already got a good start on the nautilus, too. I wasn't sure if I wanted to do the two-color stripe thing, but, I'm so glad I went for it. It's not hard to switch yarns at the end of each round, and you totally cannot tell where the color change happens. I'm using a very light sport weight yarn, so it's going to be fairly small. Can't wait to show it off when I'm done!

No comments: