Friday, July 9, 2010

Container Garden reprise


You know, I water these every morning and every night, so it's not like I don't see them. I guess it happens so gradually, you don't realize just how much growth there's been until you step back. I was just looking at that other post, now a month old, and that's when I realized, it was time to take pictures again. I was in a hurry this morning, though, so I didn't have time to get close and capture each in just the right way. Took more pictures after work, so now we can see all of them, close up and pretty.

We seem to have a bit less color than before. I think it's the heat. Or maybe it's the time of day. Or both.

That's a new pot overturned under the stacked set. I finally found something I liked that wasn't too pricey. I think the added height is a good thing here. (Not the best shot of the teacup, I'll have to try again later.)

And here's the teacup. The white flowers didn't seem to like it here, but the silvery vine, the flowering cabbage, and the curry are doing just fine. Maybe a little top-heavy.

And here's the urn, much more filled out than before. One of the sweet potato vines is reaching towards the door, more every day. I'm not sure if that's just warmer than the brick, or if maybe that section gets a little more light, but that vine is much more ambitious than the one nearest the rooster.

Yikes. Those are really not great pictures. I should have just waited until after work today, but I wanted to show off just how much they've grown and changed in only a month. (new pictures taken after work, same day, much better now.)

Just for fun, here's the before and after:
(up close, I swear the hanging basket has a lot more color. But I can see there are fewer flowers than before...maybe it needs to be fed as well as watered?)

No comments: