Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Year of Ami, week 31, E is for Eggs! (now with I Love Egg song!)

I considered, once again, elephants,
but found not the mood for it.
(also, eggs on the brain, with the recent mass recalls and all that)

So, eggs it is.

To crochet, you don't have to make them wearable, Fried Egg Cuffs. (I plan to only make the eggs. I just happen to like the shape of these ones best. Plus, her wearable food is funny.)
To knit, from Jean Greenhowe, hidden away in a collection of Tea Party Treats - Appetizers, Half a Scotch Egg. (scroll down in the link...you can't link to just the one pattern, only the page with her freebies)
In case you don't know what a scotch egg is, here's one I made for our post-wedding breakfast:

It's a hard-boiled egg, wrapped in sausage, then rolled in breadcrumbs, and, in this case, baked. I tried once, years ago, frying one, which is traditional. But it fell apart, and I gave it up entirely, never mind how delicious these are. Then, a couple years ago, while trying to find something to make for a family brunch, I found an easy recipe that had you bake them instead. Yum!

(Eggs making you nervous lately? Just make sure they're thoroughly cooked, and no worries. Promise.)

And, in case you need any more reasons to love eggs (I don't, I love 'em lots already), here's a cute little ditty for you: The I Love Egg song! (I want some. Whatever those are, they are stinkin' cute, and I want some!)

*pics of my own creations added after-the-fact*