Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Katamari Prince


So. Cute.

Seriously.

I don't play the game, and still, I can't get over how cute this little guy is. I changed the coloring so it was the Prince instead of his cousin, because that's what I thought my boy would like. I know my colors aren't quite right, but I had to work with what there was, you know?

Her shaping on the arms and legs is just awesome.

I believe I found some errors in the pattern, and I've emailed the designer for clarification. I did what I figured would work out, but I don't know if I'm right or not.
Except, on the head, just after you stuff it, I'm certain that should be K2tog instead of Kfb, because you want to decrease to finish that side and make it match the other. But the rest had to do with how you join the legs and arms, so I'll have to get back to you on those.

I didn't want to do felt for his little cone and ball thing (what is that supposed to be?), so I worked out a knitted version instead.

Here's what I did, in case you want to make one, too:

With yellow, CO 18
Join to work in the round, and knit one round
*K2tog, K1* around (12)
Knit 2 rounds even
K2tog around (6)
Knit 3 rounds even
K2tog around (3)
Knit 1 round as for i-cord
change to red
Knit 1 round as for i-cord
Krl around (6)
Knit 1 round
Krl around (12)
Knit 3 rounds
K2tog around (6)
Knit 1 round
pause and stuff the red part
K2tog around (3)
cut yarn, and thread through remaining stitches, and finish off.
Stuff yellow portion as you sew onto head, centered over face, three rows back from face square.

(Krl is the method I use for increases, instead of kfb. There is a good video tutorial here.)

I stuffed his body with plastic pellets so he wouldn't fall over. His head is a little heavy, even just stuffed with regular stuffing.

Yarn: Vanna in Fern, Dusty Green, Kelly, Beige, and Purple. Vanna Baby in Duckie and Cherry Cherry.

No comments: