Friday, October 29, 2010

skully stitch markers

I thought I'd do a little something for my Fab Fibers group for Halloween, because I love Halloween, and when I found I had lots and lots of these skull "beads", I figured they'd be perfect for making festive stitch markers.

I like how they turned out. Just the right amount of spooky.

I've got to make a few more, but I ran out of the head pins. There were only a few of us last night anyway, but the other gals will get theirs next time.

Wish I could find a split ring a little bigger than these. The one I used will fit up to a size 9 needle. I often work with 10 1/2's or larger. I found some that were about 3/4" diameter, but that's kinda big. I want something in between. They had jump rings in all the sizes, just not split rings.

(skull beads from Oriental Trading)

No comments: