Friday, November 5, 2010

Half a Socktopus

I'm working on the Socktopus, but it's a bit slow*. Not because knitting those legs takes forever, but, choosing the "socks" takes a little time. It's hard, really. So many options and ideas...

What's your favorite so far? I really liked the red & white striped, but then I liked the next stripey one (done with a variegated yarn, so that's self-striped), and then, I did the "legwarmer", and it's all soft and fuzzy. Next, I did the athletic sock, and I really really really like that one, too.

I'm tempted to start all the rest of legs, get them to the sock-starting point, and then go back and finish up the base of the body, so I can stuff it and give it a personality. And then I'd finish the other 4 legs.

Tempting...

*The fact that I worked on my own legwarmers last night at Fab Fibers has absolutely nothing to do with how little I've gotten done on the Socktopus. Nothing at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the socktopus. My favorite sock so far is the athletic one. What a fun idea. Who is it for? Or do you not want to reveal that?
Thanks for sharing!

@EddieDuckling

bookette said...

well, it's not really "for" anyone...I just like making stuff. possibly it will end up getting gifted, in the end, but right now, not headed that direction