Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Dancing, Charm, and so much more

Recently watched Marilyn Hotchkiss' Ballroom Dance & Charm School (finally!) and I was totally unprepared for how amazing this film is.

It is so much more than I expected. Some of the more subtle things took me about half the movie to figure out - like what kind of support group it is, exactly, that Frank attends. (Sure, they're all widowers, but that's only half the story.)

I expect most of us know by now that connecting with people is essential, and generally unpredictable, but how many of us would have stepped as far outside our comfort zone as Frank? And kept going?

This is not a family movie, by any means - too much to explain to the younger set. But I would say it's a good date movie.
Be warned: you may want to rush out and find a dance class, or at the very least, a good bakery.

No comments: