Saturday, September 17, 2011

Slice of Life

I've been posting a lot of crafty stuff lately. So much so, that some of you may be thinking, "gee, all this stuff is cute and all, but, what about you? Is your whole life about crafts?"

It's not.

For instance, last night, when I went over to Barnes & Noble for Fab Fibers (darn!crafts again!), I stopped to look at the New Fiction table. I mean, I may have a house full of books and not enough book shelves, but I'm always looking for something new.

I picked up The Tower, The Zoo, and The Tortoise and flipped to a random page. (Because that's how I choose my books - I open them up, somewhere in the middle, and if the first few sentences I read make me want to read more, I take it home.) It was a passage about someone claiming a prosthetic from the London Underground Lost & Found, and...and I was totally hooked. How could I help it? Funny? You bet.

Work is work. That's probably enough about that. Except, we are getting some new software that will make my job easier, and that's exciting. But probably only exciting if you're me.

The Twins are doing fine. Both have their GED (flying colors, natch - they're both super-smart), and are looking for work. It's a tough world out there for the inexperienced, though, so nothing yet. Twin1 is also making serious progress towards a certain goal, and I'm very proud of him. I've always loved watching my kids grow and discover and learn. I suppose I just didn't expect that to continue into adulthood. (Not their growth - of course that should continue - just my fascination and awe.)

I've just started on my 3rd reading (in a row, not in my whole lifetime) of the Book of Mormon. I started reading my chapter a day when the Twins were in their Senior year, and when I finished it the first time, it just seemed right to start over. It takes about 9 months to read the whole thing, one chapter at a time. I'm trying to pay more attention and think it over more for this round.

I suppose I could say more. But I've got some serious crafting to do. Always another project waiting in the wings.

No comments: