Wednesday, January 27, 2010

anyone need a cat toy?

So I'm working on this cute little knit item (can't tell you what until after I gift it - don't want to spoil the surprise), and I needed to insert one of those little cat toys, the ones with a jingle bell enclosed in a cage. I don't have pets, of any kind, so no, I didn't just have one handy at home. (Besides, I'm pretty sure the recipient doesn't want me putting a used one in there. Ew.) But it should be easy to find. Available just about anywhere, right?

What I want looks like this:

But last night, I head to the store around 11pm, just as they're closing (I was on my way home from work) and find the pet aisle. No ordinary jingle balls for this place. All they had was this:



The bell inside is plastic, so the sound is kinda different. (So, if you have a cat, do you actually NEED 8 of these things at once? Just wondering.) Reasonable price, under $2, so that's not an issue. They're just not what I was looking for.

I had reached the point in my knitting where it was time to insert the cat toy,


and you know how it is when you're making something really cute, and you can't just wait and finish it later, because it's CUTE, and you want it done NOW, so of course I bought what they had. I only needed one. Okay, maybe a couple more, in case I make more of these cute things that I can't tell you what they are. But only one or two. Definitely not seven.

Maybe I'll take the rest to my knitting group tomorrow. If nobody there needs one for a similar project, I'm sure at least one of them has a cat.

No comments: