Monday, January 11, 2010

Phoebe In Wonderland


After watching this DVD, I just had to post about this movie!
Within about 20 minutes, I was sure I wanted to own this one.
Elle Fanning is terrific as Phoebe, a 9-yr-old girl obsessed with Alice in Wonderland. Her younger sister, Olivia, has angst (and knows what that means...). Her parents are both writers, her mother's current project is turning her dissertation on Alice into a book, so Wonderland, or Looking-Glass Land, has been a prominent feature of Phoebe's home.

A new drama teacher announces they will be putting on Alice in Wonderland (do you believe in coincidences?), and she gets the part of Alice. But something else is going on with Phoebe.

I can't say any more than that. It would spoil it for you. But I can say, this movie is totally worth your time. You will be touched in a way you never expected.

(and I totally want to use that name, if ever I have more kids! Veronica and Phoebe - I think that'd do for twins, don't you?)

No comments: