Friday, January 29, 2010

Year of Ami, week 2, B is for Bunnies!

This adorable crochet pattern was just barely posted this week, by one of my very favorite designers, Roman Sock, so of course I'm dying to try it out. Lucky for me, it's a bunny (for "B")! She calls them Tea Cup Bunnies, so we could have waited to do these until we got to "T", but I don't think I could have held off that long:See? so cute, I can hardly stand it.

If you're wondering how she does the fuzzy ones, she uses mohair or angora yarn, and brushes it with a wire brush after the critter is done. She has a little tutorial on her blog, so look for that when you go to grab the pattern.

And for your knitting pleasure, one I've been wanting to try, but just haven't gotten to yet, named simply Knitted Bunny:

I've seen super tiny versions of the knitted bunny and I go into cuteness overload just looking at them.

Both bunnies are a kind of simple that appeals to me: use whatever size hook/needle suits your yarn, adjusting stitches/rows so you get the proportions right (ie: you get a square on the knitted one) and then the cuteness happens when you stitch it up and add ears. Instructions for the knitted bunny are more detailed, but for the tea cup bunnies, she just dives into stitch directions - you're on your own for hook size and yarn. I'll post any helpful hints as I try them out.

*update* pictures of my own creations added after-the-fact

No comments: