Friday, March 12, 2010

The Grass is always Greener on the other side of Tax Season

Why don't I have a finished knitted Grass to show you just yet, even though it's Friday already?


It's fairly simple.

I'm actually knitting my third little Gratis Grass. So you'd think I'd have at least one finished one to show off. But, I do not.

It's the felting.

I've washed and dried twice now. I still see only the very slightest difference; twice-washed item on the left, fresh-knitted on the right: (unlike the knitted baby cocoon that insta-shrunk, even though it should have been washable).

You'd think washing and drying a little knitted piece wouldn't be a big deal.



Let me 'splain.



It's tax season. ('nuff said)



What does that have to do with my laundry habits?



Well, let's just say, for those not aware of my life-in-general, tax season, being the time of year I am the least at home and seem to spend the bulk of my time at my office, is generally the time of year I buy new underwear. Because when you run out of clean underwear, you absolutely must do one of these two things: 1) laundry, or 2) shop for new undies.



I ask you, is there really a choice?

No comments: