Thursday, April 1, 2010

Heeeere's Jelly!

Back in college, I favored a filled donut by the name of Bismarck. (side note: it appears this is the generic name for a jelly donut in Canada. But where I am, it referred specifically to this kind)Filled with tart lemon, frosted in white, topped with coconut. Yum.

So that's the kind of jelly donut I made this week:I looked through my stash for a furry yarn with shorter fluffies. One may exist somewhere, but I didn't find one at home. There's only so much I'm willing to sacrifice for the sake of art (a toy?), so I used what I had. Fun Fur (with a strand of microspun for structure/strength). This is what it looked like before I gave it a trim:
The designer isn't kidding that you've got to poke and prod it to get it into shape. Due to that factor, this is more firmly stuffed than most of my creations. Not too hard, not hit-you-on-the-noggin, stuffed-within-an-inch-of-it's-life stuffed. But not squishable like the fish, either.

No comments: