Saturday, August 28, 2010

Half a Scotch Egg

Wow, that was fast.
I have to confess, I have a lot of Jean Greenhowe patterns. I am embarrassed to say that this is my first attempt at anything she's written. A shame, really. Because, of course, she's brilliant. And of course, her patterns are super-easy. I'm just lame like that.

This is, in part, the reason for this year-long challenge. To get me to break out my needles, hooks, and yarn, and make up some of the many patterns I'm hoarding for "Someday". Do you do that? You print something out, or you buy the little booklet, and then, it's years before you actually sit yourself down to make the thing? Which, generally, takes so much less time than you'd think. And then you sit there, wondering why you waited so long to start. And feeling like a dork for doing so.

So, back to this scotch egg.

I think I knitted one row too many on the sausage part, because, where I sewed it together, it doesn't quite look right. But, it's a toy, so, big deal, right?
I skipped the cardboard and glue, because I need my play food to be washable. I considered cutting the circles out of plastic, or using small plastic lids, but in the end, I stuffed it lightly, and then sewed the egg into the sausage using the cast-on tail of the brown yarn.
Easy-peasy. And cute, too. Even if it is on the small side, as eggs go.

Yarns: LB Wool-Ease in Buttercup, White, and Cocoa

No comments: