Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Self-Stitched September

I stumbled across this notion, thru a blog mentioned on another blog I got to thru another blog I follow (did you follow that?)

anyway...

The notion is, that you wear only stuff you've made for a whole month. It's pretty flexible - they're not insisting that everything you wear is made-by-you (like, for instance, undies, which I can't (not won't) make for myself), and you make the pledge in a manner that's comfortable for you.
There was a time when almost every day, I wore something I'd made myself. I've gotten away from that. I buy more than I need, both in ready-to-wear and fabrics. So, I figure this would be a fun way to see just how much wardrobe I've got that I can boast is Self-Stitched!

Here's my pledge:

'I, Bookette, sign up as a participant of Self-Stitched-September. I endeavour to wear at least one handmade item of clothing or accessories/ jewelry every day for the duration of September 2010'.

I had to throw in the "accessories/jewelry" thing, otherwise, I'm not sure I can manage it. Cuz right now, whole weeks can go by without me wearing something I created myself. Obviously, some serious sewing might have to take place in the next few weeks.
Wait a sec, does this include my pj's? I used to make those for me all the time...but right now, I'm having a hard time conjuring up even one set of summer pj's I've made myself. Yeah. Some serious sewing/de-stashing just might be happening.

If you sew, or otherwise create clothing or accessories for yourself, maybe you'd like to join, too?
Go to SoZo, and get yourself signed up!

No comments: