Wednesday, September 29, 2010

the continuing saga of "x"

After 2 or 3 failed attempts to buy more yarn, I was getting super frustrated. This is just a toy, folks, and hardly worth the extra effort and hours I was putting in. But the "unfinished" haunts me, so I was determined to either find more yarn, or figure out something else.

While in Park City over the weekend (have I mentioned that enough? that I got to run away again and stay at Zermatt, again, and use their Steam Room, Sauna, Pool, Relaxation Room, etc? No? Well, I did.), we were running around to various stores near the outlets (as well as the outlets...I mentioned I went outlet shopping, too, right?), headed for World Market (love that place), which, as it happens, was situated next to a Michael's. I wasn't prepared for more yarn searching, so I didn't have the label with me, but, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to drop in just to see. And they had the yarn. But it looked odd, not the right color. I fished out a skein from the back, which looked a tad more like the color I'd used.

And, because I am just lucky like that, it was the same dye lot.

Soon, very soon, we will have a finished "x", and a group shot of the first 1/2 of the Year of Ami!

No comments: