Thursday, October 14, 2010

Katamari Magnetic Ball

I love the way this turned out. I know these are not traditional Katamari ball colors, but they are the colors that coordinate with Twin1's room. He's the one who wanted one, so he got to choose.

Warning: these are super-strong magnets! Do not store or play with near: computers, cell phones, cameras, video game consoles, video game discs, DVD's, credit cards, or any other item affected by magnets.

Where would one keep such a thing?

I don't know, either, but I think that's his problem now.

These are the magnets I used:
She suggested the ceramic variety, which I have used in crochet projects before, and they are very good. I went with these because I couldn't find the right size in ceramic at the time I started this, and besides, these are stronger. A lot stronger. Not that they needed to be.
No problems with the pattern. I wasn't certain the sphere would turn out right - it seemed too flat. But it looks fine now, so there you are.
I didn't mind sewing on all the nubs as much as I thought I would. But I did mind that I didn't have enough magnets to finish it Sunday night, and had to put it aside until I could go to the store after work Monday. That was a bummer.

It's done, now, though. And isn't it cool?

Yarns: Patons SWS in Natural Coal, LB Microspun in Sterling, Caron Simply Soft in Red

No comments: