Wednesday, October 20, 2010

'Shroom in Teal

I know I said something about red for my 'shrooms, but I was working on another project, using this great sort of 60's aqua color, and all of a sudden, I didn't want red, or even chartreuse (which we know I adore), I had to use the teal.

I don't think this one even took an hour. It was just that easy.

May I suggest stuffing it a few rounds before you get to the end? And then add a little more just before you do that last decrease round. The tiny hole left by 6 sc in the round is hard to work through.

Before I put the spots on, I couldn't make him sit flat. So when I got the yarn ready to do my french knots, I first ran it through a couple stitches on the bottom in the center, and then pulled those up to sort of dimple it. Now it can stand up on it's own, and I didn't even have to use any plastic pellets or hardware to add weight.

Yarns: Patons Classic Wool in Aquarium & Winter White, size E hook.

No comments: