Tuesday, October 12, 2010

X - Finally!


I could not have been more excited to finish this (not so) little item!

I had no trouble crocheting the side piece and attaching it to one half. I actually crocheted the strip back and forth, and "chased" it with a sc attachment along the side of the half, using another ball of the same yarn. That way I didn't have to count out how many rows to do for the side strip.

The real trouble came when I attached the other half, which I think became the front of the X. I guess when I crocheted around the edges of my finished halves, I was more generous on some curves on one of them, so they didn't quite match up. I had to work for a bit, then check a matching point (easy ones, like the parts where it angles in deep, or comes into or out of a curve), and then adjust my stitching to make sure that point matched up. That sorta took forever, and had me ripping it back a few times.

I'm pretty pleased with the finished item, but I'm not at all sure I'd make any more.

Yarn: Loops & Threads Impeccable in Rouge, 1.5 skeins

No comments: