Friday, November 12, 2010

Georgie the Socktopus

Not sure I'll actually stick with the name Georgie, but for now, it seems to suit.
Had a lot of fun choosing "socks" to put on this fellow. I think my favorite is still the athletic sock. There's something just so real about it.
Pattern is pretty much perfect. I did pick up two stitches in between legs when I picked up to knit his underbelly, just so I'd be sure to not have any holes. I knitted those together on the next round, and then followed her instructions after that to finish him up.

Used 12mm safety eyes on mine. I just really like those things.

How about that cute little pink sock? I put a lacey ruffle on it, like those sweet little socks baby girls wear. I did a purl round so I'd have some bumps to pick up in, and used crochet cotton to give it a little frill.

Fun project!

Yarns: Vanna in Charcoal, and lots and lots of leftover bits and scraps. This is a great stash busting project!

2 comments:

Meleowyn said...

I have NO IDEA how to knit, but I do crochet. Do you know where I can find a version of this pattern for crochet? I've been looking everywhere!
If you do, please email me: mecarriere@msn.com.
Thank you!

bookette said...

Though there are lots of crochet octopus patterns out there, I haven't seen anything quite like this. However, some folks have been known to substitute sc for knit, with a similar end result.
Meantime, I'll keep an eye out, see if I come across anything.