Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Other Popcorn

I think I went a little overboard with my popcorns on the top of this one. Designer said she used 17 on hers, and I think I have more like 27 on mine.

Pattern was great. I of course wanted some other way to join up the side and bottom and everything besides sewing it, but, no joy.
I decided to tack the corners of the bottom against the sides, just to be sure it wouldn't want to pop back out when someone played with it.

Did not even bother trimming my ends on the backside of the top piece after tying on all the popcorns. I figured it made for good stuffing here, and, what else was I going to do with it?
Nothing, that's what.

I've used up the entire ball of Daisy Ombre making these popcorns. I did 8 of the crochet version, and then all the rest of that ball of yarn went into making the base and popcorns on the top of the knitted version.

cute, though.

("pattern" for the pretzel shown is here)

Yarns: Peaches & Cream in White, Red, Daisy Ombre, Warm Brown

No comments: