Thursday, January 20, 2011

Chauncey as Yorick

I know I said I wasn't doing wool, I wasn't going to full another project. But then, it seemed a shame to make this charming Chauncey in ghastly white acrylic instead of Winter White wool.
So I washed my sheets.
Twice.
And then I washed some decorative seasonal hand towels (they mostly just hang there, looking cute, so they don't need a bleach wash).
Frankly, he could do with another wash, but I've stuffed him and sewed him shut anyway.

Here he is pre-fulling:


And post-wash:
Apparently, there were some pattern issues in an earlier draft, but they must all have been corrected by the time I printed my copy. I didn't have any problems following it as written. I did struggle a bit with the color changes. Working in the round, the yarn is at the wrong end of the section when you get back around, so I cut after each portion (I did carry across between the eyes) and started again on each round. (I once figured out a tricky way of not having to cut the yarn, but I couldn't remember how I'd managed it. I should write these things down.)

Pretty happy with this one. In fact, I think he's adorable.

Yarn: Patons Classic Wool in Winter White and Black

No comments: