Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Here come the Weeeds!

I am just about dying over how cute these are! I love them!

Mochimochi patterns are always good, and this one is no exception. Plus, it only took me an evening to make them.

I do wish I could make them stand without leaning them against each other. Maybe I need to knit some grassy ground to sew them to? Dunno.

I'm considering drafting a crochet version. It should be pretty simple to get those same basic shapes in crochet, for the most part. The leaves might be a bit tricky, to get them to have that shape and curl. But I'm willing to give it a try. I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm now in possession of just one black 9mm safety eye with a back. Not sure what I used a single eye for, but I'm sure I had a good reason for it. I have several others which for some reason I don't have backs for, which would make them un-safety eyes. Good thing my next couple projects don't want eyes of that sort. I'm having all kinds of trouble buying these things locally. Maybe I should start bugging the stores I frequent - point out that some of us use them for knitted and crocheted toys, which is kind of a popular thing right now. Maybe then they'd even put them near the yarn and such, instead of hiding them over on the kid-crafting aisle with the magnets and pipe cleaners.

Did you notice? I'm totally caught up! I've already started on my Xmas trees, even.

Yarns: Vanna in Kelly Green & White, Vanna Baby in Duckie

No comments: