Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Secret Life

I kept missing it when it was on TV for real, and finally remembered to look it up on Netflix a couple days ago, so now I get to watch all 5 "volumes" at home, on my Roku.

I have three things to say about this show:

Do teenagers really talk about it this much? Really? All the time? (Yes, I know teenage boys think about it pretty much all the time, but I don't recall hearing whole conversations (with statistics no less) so much as baudy jokes. Just me?)

Is this really how the rest of the world sees "Christians"?

Bo Duke (because, all I could see, when I saw him sitting there at the dinner table, father of the blond (Christian) goddess of USG High, was the General Lee flying over that ravine)

I think I like this show. I know I wished I'd tried harder to watch it when it was actually on TV, but that was just a guess. And the whole Molly Ringwald thing. I mean, I did spend my teenage years in the 80's, so, you know. (I loved her in Tempest.)

No comments: