Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring Green Chicken

mkay, this was easy, and pretty quick, even if I did have to sew on a bunch of parts. I sewed them on as I went, because, I guess, that's what the pattern said to do, and you know what? it didn't seem so bad. Maybe I should try that on the next project - sew pieces on as I go, instead of waiting until they're all knitted?

Anyway, I had fun, and I'm happy to have this cutie staring at me while I work.

Small errors: it says to sew on the wings along the cast-on edge. Not so. That would be either the top or bottom "feather", which is not what's pictured. Sew it on along the straight edge.
Then, it says you end up with 8 stitches after the last decrease on the body/head, but I got nine. Do the math, it's nine. Not a big deal, but, there it is.

As I said, I worked in the round, so I stuffed as I went. That was fine, but it was a bit of a trick figuring out where the center front was when it was time to sew on the wings and such. I don't think I quite got it, but it doesn't matter much.
There's a section in the middle there, where you do more stitches between increases/decreases, which I took to be center front. After I found that, I went over two decreases on either side, and placed the wings just below the decreases.
My tail could have been placed better, but I'm gonna leave it for now.
Yarns: Impeccable in Grass, Bamboo Ewe in Mermaid, Wool-Ease in Buttercup

No comments: