Monday, May 23, 2011

All My Chickens, Week 17, wishing for something Queenly

I really really really wanted to find us something in the way of a Queen Victoria sort of chicken to celebrate Victoria Day this week. Sadly, I was only able to find recipes for something called Chicken Victoria, which I just couldn't get excited about. (I'm sure it's delicious, it's just that I've got some big projects going, and something "new" for dinner isn't going to work right now.)

The idea came to me when I spied this traditional picture of the Queen, in which I quite clearly see a broodie hen:
(from here)

See what I mean?

Anyway, for lack of anything more appropriate to the week in question, I bring you, instead, an easy print-and-frame project.
From the Graphics Fairy, a lovely encyclopedia page from 1888 (which was, at least, during her lifetime), featuring chickens.
When I clicked it, I got a printout that would just need a little trimming to fit a 5X7 frame, with no loss of actual chicken graphic. You could get more creative, and decoupage this onto something, or print it on fabric and sew it up. I'm just going for simple myself.

*pic of my own project added after-the-fact*

No comments: