Monday, May 23, 2011

Sewing Mishaps

I finished 2 UFO's over the weekend, (so, technically, wardrobe items 8 and 9, if we're counting stuff I may never really wear) one of which fits nicely, but is so loud it will likely never get worn (more later), and the other looks very nice, totally belongs in my wardrobe, but isn't likely to see the light of day until, a) I lose 10 lbs or so, or, b) I figure out how to best let it out, as much as possible, keeping in mind there is a side zip in the way of that.
Add to that the blouse that I managed to get folded over in the way of the serger blade (first time for me), resulting in an inch-long slit situated prominently near the neckline (though I do have more fabric from which I can cut a new right front),

and....

It was not my best sewing day.

No comments: