Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Cheeseburger & Tots

Aren't they cute? Don't you just want to eat 'em up? I know I do!

I modified the bottom bun on the Cheeseburger. It felt to me like it was a bit too skinny, so I added 2 rounds of plain sc. Back up at the top, I sorta thought I might like to take out a round or two, because it looked kinda big, but I left it as written. If I make another, though, I think I will take out a couple rounds up top. I also skipped the round of slip stitch up top. I just didn't like how it looked after trying it out. Also felt like perhaps some of the rounds where she says to work in the outermost loop should have said to work in the front loop. Like, when you do the lettuce. Because when you do the tomato, you need to work that round in the back loops that are left from working the lettuce in the front loops. At least, that's how I interpreted that part.
Wishing I could figure out how to add pickles, onions, maybe some avocado. Not sure I'm up to that level of designing right this minute, though.
All-in-all, this was a great little pattern, and a fun break from sock yarn for me.

I made a few tots following the pattern I'd linked to (you can see one in the front, second from left), but then decided that, as mine weren't going to get faces (my fiber-foods rarely do), I might want the shape to be a little more traditional. So I made up my own! I tested different methods for various parts, and different sizes/row counts, and finally settled on how I liked them best. I'll be sharing the pattern with you later this week!

Yarns for Cheeseburger: Vanna in Beige, Angel White, Scarlet, Chocolate; Impeccable in Grass; Wool-Ease in Buttercup.
Yarn for Tots: Vanna in Mustard

No comments: