Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Redwork Rooster

I got a little delayed as to working this one. What can I say? Busy work month, combined with spontaneous road-trip, and there you have it.
I used 3 strands of DMC 816, stitched entirely in back-stitch. I can't recall the name of the fabric I used - I got it at Corn Wagon Quilts a while back. It's sorta popular for rustic embroidery, I think.

When doing this sort of work, I generally trace the pattern onto the fabric using a light box and a pencil or pen. Sometimes, if the fabric is thin enough, you don't need a light box. This fabric is thicker, so it's necessary.
I enlarged the pattern 200% to get a chicken measuring about 6 1/2" tall by 4 1/2" wide, and I cut the fabric about 8 x 6 to give me something to work with when I sew it up later.

No comments: