Thursday, September 15, 2011

I collect cookie cutters

I don't know why, but when I first feel that crisp hint of fall in the air, I start to think about baking. And cookies. And all the fancy cookies I could make.* Which always has me thinking about what new cookie cutter shapes there might be out there that I don't have yet.
I have a fairly extensive collection, if you want to know. But I don't have everything. Not yet.
While tidying my office earlier in the week, I ran across some magazine pages advertising a set of Halloween cutters you could order. I used to order these sets whenever possible, but I missed this one. It's from '97, so no chance of it still being available, but looking at the page, I want, no, NEED these cutters.
Such a cool Haunted House! And I love the wavy ghost!
In the margins of this page, I'd written myself notes on other sources for similar cutters, including what shapes I'd found there. American Traditions Cookie Cutters was one of them, and there was a long list, full of exclamation points. Clearly, I'd been enticed by this site.
For some reason, I'd not ordered at that time, whenever it was. If I had, I'm sure I'd already have the Grim Reaper, Wavy Ghost, and a Torch that is very similar to the LDS YW torch symbol (all found on the Fall/Halloween page), not to mention the Jelly Fish!
So many cookie cutters!

I think it's high time I ordered. If you have a hankering for some cut-out cookies, but you're bored with whatever shapes you've got at home, you might just want to check them out.

*In truth, I generally make bar or drop cookies, which are fancy only if you consider super-yummy ingredients to be fancy; but I enjoy, mostly in theory, occasionally in practice, making cut-out cookies and decorating them. For proof, see my chili-pepper cookies.

No comments: