Friday, October 28, 2011

The Oreos are watching me

These functional google-eyes are totally edible!
I used double stuffs, and stacked two halves together (which would make them quad-stuffed).

You can get the directions to make your own edible google eyes, stuck into just about any treat, here.

The Twins tell me that they preferred not to eat the gelatin capsule as it's kinda crunchy and doesn't taste like anything. But as it is just a gelatin capsule, you can let your kids munch on these monsters without you having to worry about them eating something they shouldn't.

I found my gelatin capsules at Good Earth, in a huge package of 100 for about $7. The eyeballs are jumbo sprinkles, which you can usually find in the baking stuff at JoAnn or Michaels.

I'm still working on a better, easier way to cut the capsule. I keep thinking that if you softened the capsule slightly in hot water, or maybe used a heated knife or scissors, you might be able to snip it right off instead of cutting up the side and all that. Haven't tried it yet, but I'll let you know if it works.

No comments: