Saturday, November 19, 2011

Best Socks So Far

I just realized that I had not yet introduced you to my most recently completed socks:
These are my spider socks! (I apologize for how dark this photo is - I'll try to get a better shot later.)
I managed to get them done in only 12 days, and was able to wear them on my way out to Seattle, just in time for Halloween.

These are the absolute best-fitting socks I've made yet. They even fit comfortably inside my dress shoes, so I've worn them to work. More than once.

In fact, I won't be putting these socks away with my Halloween wearables, because they are just too comfortable to wear only one month out of the year.

The bamboo/wool blend makes them less cozy than wool by itself, which is a major plus for me. I'll be making more socks using this blend, though perhaps not the same brand. I never ran across so many breaks, slubs, and imperfections in just one skein of yarn.

Yarn: JoAnn Sensations Bamboo & Ewe in Charcoal Grey

No comments: