Wednesday, January 1, 2014

wanna do it again?

I've been ogling some of the ami patterns I've got stashed away in binders, laying loose in various places, and tucked away in project bags with the half-started remnants of projects long abandoned, and I've been thinking that I really want to make some of them.
I was just going to pick up a few, knit/crochet a couple that escaped me when I did my epic Year of Ami.

But then, I thought, maybe it's time to do that again.

Do it as a series on the blog.

Next thing you know, I was pulling things out of binders, thinking alphabetically, and starting to choose my next ami project.

I'm thinking, this year, I'll be smart about it, do the knit ami one week, and the crochet the next (or flip that) instead of doing both in one week, and having to do the alphabet twice, which, frankly, wore me out a bit by the end. (Okay, maybe not. Maybe it was still loads of fun by years-end. But it was a lot of work, and now that I'm more advanced in my knitting skills, and I knit things like socks and sweaters and such, I may not want to spend quite as much time with the toys. Maybe.)

Ground rules:
Patterns will all be free, found on the internet. (Sometimes, I will make up my own. When I do, I'll write them up and post them.)
We'll work through in alphabetical order, but I may, at times, apply artistic license; renaming things when I need to.
I will do one of each, knit and crochet. Each letter of the alphabet will have two weeks.
If I'm not able to finish, I will still start the next item on the appointed day.
This year starts and ends with a Wednesday, so I'm going to go with Wednesday for the launch day each week.
Because I've done this before, I'm going to restrict myself to patterns I haven't yet tried.

I'm open to suggestions! If you're following along, and you have seen a pattern you want to try, or need some help with, let me know, and I'll see if I can work it in.

No comments: