Monday, December 7, 2009

I love Thursdays!

A couple months ago, I finally found a knitting group to join. Well, it's actually a whatever-fiber-art-you-prefer group. We are not snobby about what form your fiber manipulation takes. Knit, crochet, quilt, sew, weave, spin, embroider - it's all allowed. Some habits are less portable than others, so most of us are found knitting or crocheting, every Thursday night, 7pm, at Barnes & Noble on the Parkway.
I get 2 hours of uninterrupted time with my yarn, and time with some fabulous ladies. We've listened in on dates-gone-wrong and questionable research or business meetings at the next table. Apparently, the other regulars are starting to accept us. And we may have a stalker - yellow sweater guy. We're not sure if he's a knitter himself, but too shy to ask if he can join, or if he's just...odd.
I had to miss last week - my son called at about 5 to say they would be performing some one-act plays at school at 7, and you know family always wins. But now, I'm going through withdrawals. I need my weekly fix of knitting gossip!

No comments: