Monday, July 12, 2010

Year of Ami, week 25, Y is for Yip Yip!

Remember these? from Sesame Street? (apparently, if you're younger than I am, or your kids are younger than mine, you might not be familiar with them. So sad for you.)

Anyway, I found this simple pattern for one in crochet, and have just been sitting on it until now. It was really hard not to just whip up a couple for fun instead of waiting for the appropriate week.

I had a hard time finding anything beginning with Y to knit, so I've decided, instead of searching further, we'll interpret the Yip Yip Alien in knitting. You know, for the learning experience. Nothing at all to do with how freakin' cute they are or anything.
This is a simple shape, more to do with proportion than anything else, so we should be able to follow the same stitch counts, etc, and come up with the same shape in knit. I'm not sure what to do about the tentacles yet, since I know i-cord won't curl on it's own, but maybe they don't have to be curly?

What's your favorite Yip Yip Alien adventure? (Mine is the Yip Yip Family song.)

*pics of my own creations added after-the-fact*

No comments: