Tuesday, August 3, 2010

red-hot mini alien

I was sort of bummed I didn't have the right sort of eyes in yellow, green, or blue, because I really liked the aliens just as they were in the pattern. Alas, I only had really huge ones in those colors, or I had brown in the right size. Plain black was out - they wouldn't look alien enough (unless they'd been oval?).
Brown it was.
What goes with brown?
In a delicious, alien sort of way?
Oh, of course. Red.
Awesome.
I don't know about you, but I really like how it turned out. The brown eyes look even better than I thought they would. I tried a different color for the mouth, but matching the eyes looked best in the end.
This took me about an hour, if even that. Pattern was great, no problems. I did the version worked in the round. I love the little arms. He's about 2" tall.

Yarn: Caron Simply Soft in Red, size 3 needles.

No comments: