Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hunny Pot

I started out making the little Honey Pot as written, but then I got to thinking about Winnie the Pooh, and his Hunny pots, and then I had to make it look like that.
So I didn't try making the lid from this pattern. I made up my own, to look more like the tops that were on Pooh's Hunny jars.
I like the way it turned out. If you like it, you can make one, too, because I'm going to share with you how I did it!

Alternate Lid for Hunny Pot

Rnd 1: 6 sc in magic loop
Rnd 2: 2sc in each sc around (12)
Rnd 3: (sc, inc) around (18)
Rnd 4: (sc, inc, sc) around (24)
Rnd 5: (3 sc, inc) around (30)
Rnd 6: (2sc, inc, 2sc) around (36)
Rnd 7-8: sc around
Rnd 9: sl st around
Rnd 10: working in back loops from rnd 8 (visible because you sl st the next round)
(2hdc in next, (hdc, dc, hdc) in next) repeat (90)
Finish off and weave in ends

(I hope that makes sense. Not always sure how these things should be written.)

Also, I was a little disappointed with the honey dipper as written, so instead of stuffing it, I flattened it and called it a spoon. Not that Pooh ever used a spoon for his hunny.
So now I have a random spoon.
There's a piece of a drinking straw in the handle to help it keep it's shape.

For my label, I wrote on a piece of fabric with a sharpie, and then glued it on the front with OK to Wash-It glue. It might not actually stay on if I wash the piece, but, I can always make another if it comes off.

Yarns: Caron Simply Soft in Sunshine, Bernat Satin in Silk, Vanna in Beige

1 comment:

Jingle said...

Oh, my goodness that is so adorable!!!