Monday, October 18, 2010

Year of Ami, week 39, M is for Mushroom!

I know, we had all those options last time M came around, and this is what I'm going with? I know they sound simple, possibly even insignificant. But wait till you see them. These 'shrooms are awesome!
To knit, from Kathryn Ivy, Myriads of Mushrooms. If you aren't in the mood to felt them, I'm sure they'll still look pretty awesome. I'm undecided at this moment. My last fulling experience wasn't the best, and with the possibility of red coming into it (gee, were these sheets pink?), I just don't know yet.
For a more edible-looking, non-felted variety, try these Knitted 'Shrooms by beewee.

To crochet, from Orange Flower, Crocheted Mushrooms (be sure you check out version 2 as well).
For some more like the knitted Myriads, try this collection of mushrooms from Hattalahutta.

There are TONS of crocheted mushroom patterns out there, if you care to look. Lots of Mario Mushrooms to choose from, if that's your thing. I like this one, and this one.

*pics of my own creations added after-the-fact*

No comments: