Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Busy Rambling

Working a lot, but feeling like I'm not getting anywhere. And now I've said I'd do a new project that feels a little outside my comfort zone, while trying to come off as totally competent.

When I'm not at work, I'm over at my parent's prepping for a party, decorating the new digs, and trying not to get us in over our heads. If you know me, you know the bit about "over our heads" isn't really working. The place looks great, but I keep wanting to do just one more thing. And do that thing before the party, not just put it on the list for later.

When I'm not in party prep mode, I'm at home, sewing, baking, knitting, crocheting, beading, and basically creating a big ol' mess instead of, say, decorating for Christmas. Unless Chaos is synonymous with Christmas, in which case I'm totally festive!
(For instance, last night I cut out 18 of something I probably won't have time to sew up in the next week, totally intending them as Christmas gifts. The mess in the living room from this project's beginning is truly astounding, considering how few supplies it involved.)

I somehow managed to attend a Christmas party last night without feeling even the slightest tinge of guilt.

I immediately followed up my guilt-free attendance by stopping by to pick up pillow-dressing supplies from mom, so I can: make a pattern from the old, ugly covers, cut out in new, pretty fabric, make my own matching piping, salvage zippers from old, ugly covers, and sew up new covers. Hopefully in time for the party.

For whatever reason, this week I finally felt inspired (and thus able) to put away all the warm-weather clothing to make room for the cold-weather items. (What? I know it's December. When do you swap out your off-season clothes?) This involved doing many many loads of laundry, as well as a lot of taking things off hangers and putting other things back on hangers, while trying to rid myself of clothes I really don't wear. (I put 3 things in the donation box. At least, I think it was three. It might have only been two. I have issues.)
The "taking things to the attic" portion of this process has yet to happen, so this means the hallway is filled with bags (of the vacuum storage variety) of clothing. While these are very colorful, I seriously doubt they qualify as decorative.

Did I mention that the party is tomorrow night? I'm totally gonna be ready for that. Totally. Yup. And then next week, Santa will come down my chimney and decorate the house and leave all the presents, and I won't have to do anything, because he's gonna take care of all of it. Including putting that stuff up in the attic.

A girl can dream, right?

Besides, didn't you know? When you stop believing in Santa, you get underwear for Christmas. And not the fun kind.

No comments: