Monday, January 3, 2011

Year of Ami, week 50, X is for Xmas Tree!

Remember how tricky X was on the first round? Yeah, me, too. So you'll forgive me for dragging a Christmas Tree into January.
Perhaps you, like me, need a subtle reminder that it's time to defrock the Christmas Tree and put it out for pickup. Or, maybe you've already done that, and you're missing Christmas something fierce. Maybe you just like to get a serious head start on Christmas gifts. Whatever the reason, I'm sure you'll enjoy making a little symbol of the holiday season.

To knit, Fun Fur Kitschmas Tree, or, if you don't want to use up quite that much Fun Fur ($$$!)**, you can try this adorable Wee Tree instead.
(I'll probably make both, but I can't promise I'll finish by Saturday.)

To crochet, Wooly Tree,
or, more involved, a ruffly Christmas Tree

**oh no! they've discontinued the color (Olive) we needed for this! I've decided on Hobby Lobby Haute Fur in Cypress as a suitable substitute. Still pricey, but I think it'll be cute!

*pics of my own creations added after-the-fact*

No comments: