Thursday, April 14, 2011

finally finished: car socks

I've had this pair of socks I worked on only in the car - stuck in traffic, long red light - I knitted. I was fine with them not getting done super-fast, because it was also something to do when you otherwise would be doing nothing, right?
Recently, I became aware that I needed to free up a set of size 1 needles, so I could start on a pair of socks for Twin2 (Twin1 has yet to approve of the yarn and pattern choices for his pair), and the car socks were the pair closest to completion, needing only an inch or so before decreasing for the toe.
Last night, I pulled them from the car, knowing I'd now have to find another car-appropriate project to replace them with, and I finished them up while watching some old movies.

Today, I proudly wore them to work.
That's a first - wearing my handmade socks to work, on a weekday, with office attire. I just really wanted to, for some reason.

Blame it on Booth. That's what I'm going with.

Yarn: Serenity Sock Weight in Indigo. Pattern is Sugar Maple from 2-at-a-time Socks.

No comments: